Introduction to Your Mindfulness Workout
A one or two-hour session, introducing participants to Mindfulness Workout techniques that they can start to use immediately and be on their way towards improved mental health. These sessions can be tailored to group specific requirements and offer an overview of Mindfulness and training in workout techniques based on Shinzen Young’s Unified Mindfulness System. These sessions work great for leadership teams, a town hall learning session, mental health learning or as a regular feature in your organization’s learning schedule.
- Understand how Mindfulness is like going to the gym, but instead of working out your physical muscles, you work out your mind!
- Understand how regular Mindfulness Workouts can help improve your resilience, or your ability to effectively lead and work in an environment of constant change.
- Recognize how Mindfulness can impact individuals as well as organizations, leading to more organizational resilience and sustainable high performance over the long term.
- Learn how Mindfulness can help reduce stress, improve focus and develop self-awareness.
- Learn basic Mindfulness techniques that you can start to use immediately.
- Receive on-the-spot instruction demonstrating how to bring Mindfulness practices into daily life. Deliver presentations mindfully, participate in meetings mindfully, walk to work mindfully, take the train or subway mindfully, and more.
Your Mindfulness Workout
Since you won’t get ‘ripped’ by going to the gym just once, Mind The Gap provides a comprehensive 8 module workshop series based on Shinzen Young’s Unified Mindfulness’ Feel Great family of techniques, training participants in five Mindfulness Workout Techniques, as well as introducing strategies for when and how to do your Mindfulness Workout in Daily Life; how to Deal with Obstacles and Opportunities; and how to build and keep up your Workout Practice overtime. Modules are usually taught one per week and last approximately 1 hour each.
- Learn the Feel Great family of Unified Mindfulness techniques and start to use them on your own immediately while developing your own personal Mindfulness Workout practice over the length of the 8-module series
- Reduce stress and improve focus and productivity
- Improve self-awareness, communication, and relationships
- Decrease reactivity by improving your equanimity – or your ability to “be cool”. Learn how to react thoughtfully rather than just react
- Deliver presentations and have difficult conversations with a clear head and sense of being present and in the moment
- Improve skills of concentration, sensory clarity, and equanimity
- Weekly check-in with teacher to answer questions and give technique guidance
One on One Coaching or Personal Training
A personalized program of coaching, just like with your personal trainer at the gym! Programs are designed based on your objectives, which could include:
- Learn how to improve mental fitness to better lead in environments of constant change
- Learn to choose how to respond to problems, rather than just react
- Learn how to work with anxiety and other discomfort by using Mindfulness techniques
- Develop your leadership skills by improving self-awareness and empathy
- Help in gaining more balance in your life
- Reduce stress and increase focus and productivity
- Build your Mind Muscles by improving skills of concentration, sensory clarity and equanimity
- Get help establishing your own ongoing personal Mindfulness Workout practice using the techniques learned
Fred Pitt is available for speaking engagements. A personable and insightful public speaker, engaging and funny, Fred speaks about Mindfulness using real life stories from the corporate world as well as his personal life experiences.