Introduction to Meditation
A one or two-hour session introducing participants to Meditation techniques that they can start to use immediately and be on their way to achieve its many benefits. These sessions can be tailored to group-specific requirements and offer an overview of Mindfulness Meditation based on Shinzen Young’s Unified Mindfulness System. These sessions work well for leadership teams, a town hall learning session, mental health learning or as a regular feature in your organization’s learning schedule.
- Learn basic Meditation techniques that you can start to use immediately.
- Learn how Meditation can help reduce stress, improve focus and develop self-awareness.
- Understand how practicing Meditation is like going to the gym, but instead of working out your physical muscles, you work out your mind!
- Understand how a regular practice of meditation can help improve your resilience and your ability to effectively lead and work in an environment of constant change.
- Recognize how Meditation can impact individuals as well as organizations, leading to more organizational resilience and sustainable high performance over the long term.
- Receive on-the-spot instruction demonstrating how to bring Meditation practices into daily life. Deliver presentations mindfully, participate in meetings mindfully, walk to work mindfully, take the train or subway mindfully, and more.
Fred draws from his unique business and personal background and presents the information in a fun, informative and very impactful way. Fred’s teaching and coaching style sets a foundation for a permanent behavioural shift allowing for positive growth and change.”
Eva Gutsche, Stem Consulting
The Meditation Workout
Since you won’t get ‘ripped’ by going to the gym just once, Mind The Gap provides a comprehensive 8 module workshop series based on the Unified Mindfulness ‘Feel Great’ family of techniques, training participants in five Meditation Workout Techniques, as well as introducing strategies for when and how to fit meditation into Daily Life; how to Deal with Obstacles and Opportunities; and how to build and keep up your Meditation Workout Practice overtime. Modules are approximately 1 hour each and can be taught one per week or combined to meet your organization’s needs.
- Learn the Feel Great family of Unified Mindfulness Meditation techniques and start to use them on your own immediately while developing your own personal Meditation practice over the length of the 8-module series
- Reduce stress and improve focus and productivity
- Improve self-awareness, communication, and relationships
- Decrease reactivity by improving your equanimity – or your ability to “be cool.” Learn how to react thoughtfully rather than just react
- Deliver presentations and have difficult conversations with a clear head and sense of being present and in the moment
- Improve skills of concentration, sensory clarity, and equanimity
- Weekly check-in with the teacher to answer questions and give technique guidance
One-on-One Coaching or Personal Training
A personalized program of coaching, just like with your personal trainer at the gym! Programs are designed based on your objectives, which could include:
- Learn how to improve mental fitness to better lead in environments of constant change
- Learn to choose how to respond to problems rather than just react
- Learn how to work with anxiety and other discomforts by using Meditation techniques
- Develop your leadership skills by improving self-awareness and empathy
- Gain more balance in your life
- Reduce stress and increase focus and productivity
- Build your Mind Muscles by improving skills of concentration, sensory clarity and equanimity
- Get help establishing your own ongoing personal Meditation practice using the techniques learned
Fred Pitt is available for speaking engagements. A personable and insightful public speaker, engaging and funny, Fred pulls from his background using real life stories from the corporate world as well as his personal life experiences.